Monday, October 9, 2017

Cinnamon-Apple Crescent Rolls

My son asked for these for breakfast on his birthday this week.  Since I had to dig out the recipe, I thought I'd share it here.  I kind of made this up myself, based on some recipes I'd read but that had too much sugar for my taste.

Cinnamon-Apple Crescent Rolls

2 cans of refrigerated crescent rolls
2 apples -- sliced
4 Tbsp. of butter -- softened
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Combine everything but the rolls in a small bowl and mix until smooth. Separate the dough into triangles like you would for making crescent rolls. Spread a layer of the cinnamon butter on the widest end of each triangle. Place an apple slice on top of the cinnamon butter and roll them up around the apple like you would to make crescent rolls. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake 10-15 minutes or until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment